Saturday 6 September 2014

Make It In Design Summer School

I have not done much weaving of late as I have been busy taking part in the Make It In Design Summer School.  This consisted of three briefs to create surface designs over six weeks, I took part in both the beginners and intermediate briefs, which meant I had six briefs in total. 

It was really fun getting back onto Photoshop, and getting my paints and pens out again.  I have started to build up my knowledge of illustrator as well, which I am finding a really good design tool.  I have been asked to create a curtain design for someone, and am hoping to use illustrator for this.

The summer school has now finished, and I thought I would share some images of work I created during this time with you.

feather design

Tropical paradise design
 
Jewels design

It is amazing how designs end up from their initial start.

For example the jewels design I started by experimenting with my camera, by taking a close up photo of some costume jewellery and leaving the flash on I collected images of circles of light, which I then copied with my paints.  I then started to draw aspects of the jewels, such as the pentagons, and the light shapes caught in some round pearl type beads.  I then layered them all together and created a kaleidoscope image for this final design.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment