Tuesday 18 March 2014

First warp finished!

I've had a busy time over the last week or so, I intended to finish this warp as quickly as I could.  I wanted to see how the threads would work, and what types of items the cloth would be suitable for.

It has created a really delicate cloth, with a lovely drape, and I am really pleased with the way the dyes have worked on the warp.  I intend to carry on experimenting with this dyeing technique to see what other results I can achieve.  It was interesting overdyeing the yarn as this means the yarn is all colour, so even areas I did not apply dye to are still a pale yellow, as was the original colour of the yarn.



I'm preparing my second warp, and including lots of ties so that it doesn't get tangled after it has been dyed.  The first warp I made I tied after every 50 ends, which probably wasn't enough really.  This time I'm doing it after every 20 ends. 



We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment