Sunday 9 March 2014

Spinning

On Sunday 2nd March I was invited to take part in a Spinning workshop at Texere Yarns.

I have previously had a go at spinning, and it was great fun to give it another go, the main aim of the day was to get used to using a drop spindle, it was all going so well with the fleece that was brought in, however, as I attempted to try other fibres such as possum! and merino it all started to go a bit wrong.  More practice needed I think!!

It was great to have a go on a spinning wheel as well, I think I preferred this to the drop spindle as I felt my hands could just concentrate on teasing fibres, rather than having to keep spinning the spindle.

It is such an art and I really admire those that do it, they make it look so effortless. 

I came away with an interesting - highly textured, length of yarn, which I intend to have a go at knitting up, although what size needles to use is anyone's guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment