Tuesday 25 March 2014

New Warp

My new warp has now been dyed and is back on the warping frame.  I hope to get it onto my loom tomorrow.  It is looking pretty, the colours travel from a pale yellow, to mix with pink creating coral and through to a bright pink.


 
I enjoyed a trip into Leeds last week, I wanted to go to the library to see what weaving books they had, not many I found out, but still worth a look in the Art Library, I always find something interesting.  It's a lovely building too.


 

There was a display of antique butterfly and moth encyclopedias with their illustrated plates.



The building is linked to Leeds Museum, although I didn't have a look around, I did manage to get into the gift shop.  I really like this illustration from Ohhdeer.com, which was on the cover of a notebook, it's fun and I am always drawn to anything to do with animals.  The face and eyes are so lifelike, but the feathered headdress shows that it has clearly been painted, I like this mix of realistic and playful, creative art.



No comments:

Post a Comment