Sunday 9 March 2014

My name is Paula Cutter and I graduated in 2013 with a First Class Honours Degree in Contemporary Surface and Textile Design.  I intend to continue with my exploration of woven design and set myself up as a Designer Maker creating products such as scarves, bags, cushions etc.

I like to explore themes with drawing in different types of media, along with photography.  Whilst studying I began to experiment with alternative image capture techniques, such as pinhole photography.  I intend to continue with this as it is such an interesting and exciting process.

I have an 8 shaft loom on which to create fabrics.  Experimenting with the setting up of the loom, the preparation of the warp and the weave structures will be a continuous journey with many possibilities. 

Whilst studying I wrote a dissertation on the slow movement and as part of this researched sustainable and environmentally friendly fibres, I intend to source yarns with these credentials for my collections.

Alongside my work as a Designer Maker, I am also going to be working part time at Texere Yarns, which I am really excited about.  They are a large mill shop in Bradford, selling yarn, books and accessories along with running workshops throughout the year.

I look forward to the journey and will post images, explorations and thoughts as I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment